Bug #10221

Incremental upgrades messages appear only in English

Added by elouann almost 2 years ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:ResolvedStart date:09/18/2015
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

100%

Category:-
Target version:Tails_2.4
QA Check:Pass Blueprint:
Feature Branch:iuk:debian Easy:
Type of work:Code Affected tool:Upgrader

Description

The messages for incremental upgrades appear in english, even if another language is selected in the Greeter.
I remember of a similar ticket but can't find it now.

History

#1 Updated by intrigeri almost 2 years ago

  • Assignee set to elouann
  • QA Check set to Info Needed

What's the exact locale and Tails version where you've seen that?

There was a couple such bugs that were fixed in or around Tails 1.4.

#2 Updated by intrigeri almost 2 years ago

  • Subject changed from Incremental upgrades messages appear only in english to Incremental upgrades messages appear only in English

#3 Updated by elouann over 1 year ago

  • Assignee deleted (elouann)

I did some more tests from a Tails 1.6 after the 1.7 was released.

The messages from IUK appear in English even if one the following languages is selected in the Greeter:

  • Deutsch
  • French
  • Portuguese
  • French + Windows Camouflage (Who knows?)

I then tried to check the LOCALE in use, but I was'n able to identify precisely which user runs the GUI.
I just tested with removing the file /etc/profile.d/zz-live-config_locales-all.sh (which contains export LANG="").
No success, my knowledge stops here, giving up. I stay available in case more tests are requiered.

If someone with more skills wants to give a try, valuable informations are there : https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/incremental_upgrades

#4 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Confirmed
  • Assignee set to intrigeri
  • QA Check deleted (Info Needed)

#5 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago

Confirmed in French on 2.2. Apparently the tails-iuk package doesn't install its locales.

#6 Updated by intrigeri about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
  • Target version set to Tails_2.4
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50
  • QA Check set to Ready for QA
  • Feature Branch set to iuk:debian

Oh my. Since the early days of incremental upgrades dev, we were not installing locales. Now (trivially) fixed on the "debian" branch (bad boy™, yeah), in the very same way we do it for tails-persistence-setup; built a package, tested on Tails 2.2, works for me => anonym, please have a look and merge into your local "debian" branch before building the package for Tails 2.4 :)

#7 Updated by anonym about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Fix committed
  • Assignee deleted (anonym)
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

#8 Updated by anonym about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF