Feature #5663: Return to Icedove
Disable remote email account creation in Icedove
As decided in #10009.
Add temporary patch for TorBirdy.
Note: These changes are to be upstreamed and this patch to be dropped.
It compounds two fixed:
- #10464: Disable remote email account creation in Icedove
- #11204: Make sure we get all the benefits from TorBirdy's own
account wizard (when using Icedove's automatic configuration)
#8 Updated by anonym over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from kytv to anonym
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
- Feature Branch set to feature/6154-secure-autoconfig-in-icedove
I've addded a patch on the installed TorBirdy (3622a24) in the feature branch that fixes this. Upstreaming next!
#10 Updated by u over 2 years ago
This has been upstreamed in Torbirdy! yay.
As agreed with anonym, we'll ship these patches in custom packages in Tails 2.4.
We are still in the process of checking if it's useful to patch the official Debian package or if we want to wait until upstream releases a new version of Torbirdy.