Rethink the installation process and upgrade process
team: intrigeri, anonym, segfault, sajolida
- Blocks Feature #9798: Have Tails Installer verify the ISO image using OpenPGP added
- Related to Feature #5929: Create encrypted persistent volume by default for plausible deniability added
- Related to Feature #11627: Consider updating the default system partition's size added
For Raspberry Pi there are Raspbian SD card images that "repairs" the static partition table on first boot so the full disk becomes available. If we added the same functionality to Tails we could perhaps transform our Tails ISOs to such images to make installation easier. We should look at:
Thanks to $someone I met at 33c3 for suggesting this!
For Raspberry Pi there are Raspbian SD card images that "repairs" the static partition table on first boot so the full disk becomes available.
Good. See also cloud-init in Debian. And all cloud platforms provide their own similar thing.
IIRC, next step is to schedule a sprint about it. Adding it to the summit agenda.
- Related to Feature #12705: Update the size of the system partition to >= 4 GiB added
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version changed from 2017 to 2018
- Related to Feature #7496: Make it possible to verify the integrity of a device created by Tails Installer added
- Related to Feature #14624: Document how to migrate persistence to a new USB stick or update the system partitions of an existing device added
- Blocks Bug #12146: Intermediary Tails is not seen as a bootable device on MacBook Pro added
Also available in: Atom