Upgrade server hardware (2017 edition)
team: intrigeri, bertagaz
- storage: update the spreadsheet we did for #10851 and draw conclusions wrt. how much more storage we need to add
- reproducible builds' needs
- running the test suite on bare metal?
- asking server hardware sponsorship or discount to hardware vendors?
- using the cloud?
Add notes about next server hardware iteration (refs: #11680).
Mostly so that my thoughts about using the cloud are not only stored
in 2 people's email INBOX.
- Subject changed from Upgrade server hardware to Upgrade server hardware (2017 edition)
- Related to Feature #10851: Give lizard enough free storage to host our freezable APT repository added
- Description updated (diff)
- Blueprint set to https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/hardware_for_automated_tests_take3/
- Target version changed from 2017 to Tails_3.2
I want to start working on this once the migration to Stretch (#12160) is over, and before I start working on Puppet 4 (#11834). So I should start making serious progress in September, initially aiming at completing it by the end of November. So putting it on my September radar.
- Blocks Feature #13284: Core work 2017Q2→2019Q1: Sysadmin (Adapt our infrastructure) added
- Blocked by Feature #13436: Have Jenkins jobs that reproduce ISOs when a branch ticket is Ready for QA added
- Target version changed from Tails_3.2 to Tails_3.3
I don't think I can do more than #11808 and #12160 in September, and this is blocked by #13436 that probably won't be done before mid-November => postponing.
Tentatively scheduled some time on December 18-20 to better define the problems we need to solve, and refine the options we have (e.g. add actual cost and performance estimates).
- Related to Feature #14601: Know which ressources we would need to run Piwik on our infrastructure added
Also available in: Atom