Feature #15292: Distribute a USB image
Feature #15660: Adapt our installation pages to distributing USB images
Document Etcher to install Tails from macOS
- Related to Feature #8559: Make Tails Installer work on OS X added
- Related to Feature #10639: Test how the ISO image is displayed in Mac Disk Utility added
- Target version changed from 2016 to 2017
- Target version changed from 2017 to 2018
- Description updated (diff)
- Related to Feature #6319: Restructure the documentation on Mac support added
- Related to Feature #8802: Investigate graphical tools for manual installation on Mac added
- Subject changed from Have a cheap graphical installation method for Mac OSX to Have a cheap graphical installation method for macOS
Is this still something we want to spend time on? I suspect we'd better focus on #15292, given a GUI installation method won't be enough to fix all the major blockers on macOS.
- Subject changed from Have a cheap graphical installation method for macOS to Document Etcher to install Tails from macOS
We decided to document Etcher for macOS so I'm renaming this ticket accordingly.
It's still worth spending some time on this because we could actually document Etcher even before we have #15292, though I doubt we'll do it.
I also updated our roadmap to match this (/contribute/roadmap).
- Parent task set to #15660
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Target version changed from 2018 to Tails_3.10
The deadline for that is October 31 → 3.10.
Also available in: Atom