In several places in the new Greeter we have help buttons pointing people to the documentation. This documentation should be prepare to received each of these help buttons.
Ideally, each info button would point to a dedicated page with only the relevant information. But if we also want to have this information in the general documentation, then we need to rely on inline which are sometimes problematic. In this particular case, inlines might not be worth it and we'll instead point people to sections of the general documentation about Tails Greeter:
- Point the info button on "Language & Region" to a new section of /doc/first_steps/startup_options right below the Greeter screenshot.
- Remove the info button on "Encrypted Persistent Storage" because only people who already have a persistent storage would see that. It will be much more relevant once people will be able to create the persistent storage from the Greeter (#12379).
- Point the info button on "Additional settings" to a new section of /doc/first_steps/startup_options improving on the current index of dedicated pages per settion.
- Add a "More info" link below the paragraph describing each additional setting and pointing to :
- Hide the side bar on embeded documentation.
#6 Updated by sajolida over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from sajolida to alant
- QA Check set to Dev Needed
- Feature Branch set to doc/5680-new-greeter
I pushed the changes we need to the documentation in doc/5680-new-greeter.
I wrote two new entry points:
The three pages for the additional settings can stay the same.
I'm assigning it to Alan for integration. Is that ok like this?
spriver should also review that but she can do that from #5680.
#8 Updated by alant over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from alant to anonym
Intagration should be done in
feature/11949-update-docin the greeter repository.
I tested it works.
feature/11949-update-doc should only be merged in the greeter once
doc/5680-new-greeter is merged in Tails.
#9 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from anonym to spriver
- Target version changed from Tails_3.0 to Tails_3.0~rc1
- QA Check changed from Dev Needed to Ready for QA
Let's refocus this ticket to cover the end-user doc only, and the integration bit can be tracked on the parent ticket (or on new, sibling tickets if needed).
spriver, can you please review this?
#10 Updated by spriver over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from spriver to sajolida
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Info Needed
I'm fine with all updates. However, some questions:
- should we use a
[[!toc levels=2]] in
doc/first_steps/startup_options.mdwn and then point to the relevant sections "Language & region" resp. "Additional settings" by clicking the corresponding question marks in the Greeter? (now it's pointing to the page
- is the update of
doc/persistence/use.mdwn part of this ticket or will it be done somewhere else?
#11 Updated by sajolida over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from sajolida to spriver
- QA Check changed from Info Needed to Ready for QA
- I added a
[[!toc levels=2]]so that it's displayed on the page. But I already had added
<a id="anchors on the pages.
- I updated the rest of the documentation to the new Greeter (some persistence and installation pages).
- I pointed the help desk to some tickets related to the Greeter, pointed from the Known Issues but that are closed.
- I documented the keyboard shortcuts.
So please have a look again.