Design UX for migrating databases to KeePassX 2
The database format of KeePassX 2 is incompatible with KeePassX < 2 and the file extension is now
kdbx instead od
kbd. You can migrate a database to the new format but you cannot migrate back. We should make a plan for our users to migrate their database to the new format.
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
- Blocked by Bug #12369: Write a wrapper for KeePassX to open the old database if there is one but no new database added
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
Initial design was done, implementation is WIP, next step will be to review the resulting UX.
Implementation was merged, I'll let you decide whether you want to review the UX now or once #12375 is done.
Let's add reviewing some strings (#12375#note-8) to the scope of this ticket.
- Target version changed from Tails_3.0 to Tails_3.0~rc1
(Some of the corresponding code will go into 3.0~beta4 and the last bits will go into 3.0~rc1. Feel free to explicitly give up or to ask me to handle it myself — with my poorer UX skills — if you're too busy.)
- Blocks Bug #11917: Update KeePassX documentation added
- Related to Bug #12375: If a custom-named KeePassX database is found in the Persistent folder, propose renaming it added
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
I tested the migration and, apart from the issue I'm raising in #12375#note-17, I'm very happy with the result!
I'm marking this ticket as resolved as #12375 is being dealt with somewhere else.
- Affected tool set to Password Manager
Also available in: Atom