Feature #12563

Feature #12562: Have a web analytics platform

Install prototype of Piwik

Added by sajolida 2 months ago. Updated about 1 month ago.

Status:ResolvedStart date:05/18/2017
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

100%

Category:Infrastructure
Target version:-
QA Check: Blueprint:
Feature Branch: Easy:
Type of work:Sysadmin Affected tool:

Related issues

Blocks Tails - Feature #12431: UX core work 2017Q2 Resolved 04/07/2017

History

#1 Updated by sajolida 2 months ago

#2 Updated by sajolida 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress

I have a Debian base installation on an external hard disk :)

#3 Updated by sajolida 2 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 30

The Debian package (not in Debian) is broken but the ZIP installation is extremelly easy.

I got something running and learned how to import our logs.

Next step is to actually import all the logs that I have.

#4 Updated by sajolida about 2 months ago

Importing one day of logs takes 1.5 hours on my spare X200.

I have 125 log files stored since November, so that's about 1 week of full CPU!!!

#5 Updated by intrigeri about 2 months ago

I have 125 log files stored since November, so that's about 1 week of full CPU!!!

I could run this on a more powerful machine (given suitable instructions) if you can't.

#6 Updated by sajolida about 2 months ago

Thanks for the offer. I want to be able to manipulate this first data on my prototype machine. Then I'll be able to report in more details about my experiment so we know better the cost/benefit of making this an official part of our infrastructure.

#7 Updated by intrigeri about 2 months ago

I want to be able to manipulate this first data on my prototype machine.

Of course. I was only proposing help for the import part, I would have then made the database available to you :)

#8 Updated by sajolida about 2 months ago

The funny part is that to import log files you have to use a Python script that itself does Apache queries on the Piwik install :)

#9 Updated by sajolida about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee deleted (sajolida)
  • % Done changed from 30 to 100

I got something to work and sent a report about how far I got and some next steps:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2017-June/003398.html

Also available in: Atom PDF