Feature #5464: Revamp Greeter interface
Update/rethink next steps for the Greeter revamp
Now that phase 1 (#8230) is done, we should IMO take a step back and update our priorities in this area: do our current phases 1.1 and 1.2 make sense? Are there things we will not realistically work on any time soon, that perhaps shouldn't be part of a "phase"? Are there things we actually don't think we'll ever do?
I would suggest:
- unparent all remaining phases: we did revamp the Greeter UI already! :)
- keep one single phase to keep track of the really important follow-up fixes/improvements that we had to postpone while polishing the new Greeter for Tails 3.0, and set "Target version" appropriately on those;
- move every other subtask:
- either out of any phase entirely, when they are not strongly related with anything else: we have "Affected tool = Greeter" to find them whenever we need to;
- or to dedicated, user-centric parent tasks that would allow tracking sets of actions needed to achieve specific goals, when grouping is needed/beneficial.
- identify improvements that are blocked by, or themselves block, other (non-Greeter) work; the goal being to help coordinate project planning with people working in those other areas.
I'd be happy to help Alan do this classification, and then ask feedback to our UX mailing list about it; but sajolida would probably be better than me at it, if he's up to tackle it :)
Setting a target version after this year's Tails summit, so I have this on my radar there, if we don't tackle it earlier.