Feature #14468: Add VeraCrypt support to Tails
VeraCrypt: UX & GUI design sprint
This is deliverable A.2:
- Choose the right goals based on the results of "A.1 Research user needs and implementation costs"
- Design the resulting UX and GUI and validate it through paper prototyping and testing with users.
- File disks-format-partition.png View added
- File disks-format-partition-password.png View added
- File gvfs-monitor-unlock-veracrypt-volume.png added
- File scope.png View added
- File veracrypt-mounter.png added
Some sketches as output from the sprint. Our modification to existing dialogs are circled in blue.
- Assignee changed from sajolida to segfault
The sprint is over and I've reported about it: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/SponsorW/2017_12/.
The last remaining bit is for segfault to update Redmine with the new tasks that we identified during the sprint. The list being:
- Report inconsistency in Disks format dialogs
- Custom GVfs dialog
- Indicate volume name in GVfs (especially for containers)
- Password prompt is different in Disk and GVfs
- Associate .hc and .tc with VeraCrypt in GNOME
- VeraCrypt Mounter
- Which version of the format dialog of Disks will we have in Tails?
- Display unlocked containers in the sidebar of GNOME Files