Tor Browser cannot print to file
This regression was introduced in Tails 3.3 when that imports Tor Browser 7.0.10-build2.When printing to file it looks like it succeeds (dialog's progress goes to 100%, no errors are shown) but the file is not created, and I can see this written to the journal:
Dec 08 13:49:50 amnesia firefox: /build/glib2.0-2.50.3/./gobject/gsignal.c:3492: signal name 'selection_changed' is invalid for instance '0x7dd7c1dc2740' of type 'MaiAtkType319'
- the above journal error is not emitted when printing in Tor Browser in Tails 3.2,
- but it is also emitted in Tails 3.3 when printing with a real printer too, and that works
Test suite: disable tests that are known broken due to a Tor Browser bug (refs: #15024)
Tor Browser: force a sane default print-to-file directory.
At least with Tor Browser 7.5 without this pref set the default
becomes "tor-browser" (which presumably is the executable's directory,
i.e. /usr/local/lib/tor-browser) that we do not have permissions to
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Type of work changed from Code to Wait
That's upstream bug https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/23970 which is on the Tor Browser team roadmap for December.
#16 Updated by anonym about 1 month ago
- Feature Branch set to feature/15197-tor-browser-7.5
So, this works fine with Tor Browser 7.5, except that the default directory that is selected is
tor-browser (which presumably is the executable's directory, i.e.
/usr/local/lib/tor-browser). I set a
print.print_to_filename) to make
~/Tor Browser the default directory.