Extend the upgrader to allow full (self) upgrade
I would be very nice to be able to have a few-clicks away full upgrade process (incuding downloading the upgrade, veryfing it and installing it). This could either upgrade to an other device, or preferrabily the source device.
An usecase for that is: someone got a Tails device created by a trusted party using "Clone and upgrade", they trust it but never went through the manual verification and installation process and don't know how to use them, so they end up using an outdated version.
Team: kurono (research, ? (implementation)
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Category set to Installation
- Category changed from Installation to 178
Not sure about the category, but seems more "Incremental Upgrade" than "Installer".
- Related to Feature #8534: Merge incremental upgrades to allow endless upgrading added
- Affected tool set to Upgrader
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee set to kurono
- Target version set to 2016
- Related to deleted (Feature #8534: Merge incremental upgrades to allow endless upgrading)
- Blueprint set to https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/Endless_upgrades/
- Related to Feature #11627: Consider updating the default system partition's size added
- Target version changed from 2016 to 2018
Also available in: Atom