Scary failure messages when shutting down the system while the Unsafe Browser is still running
I guess we should forcefully run the Unsafe Browser teardown code at shutdown time, if we don't find anything more clever.
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee set to anonym
- Target version set to Tails_3.0~rc1
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/12354-drop-kexec-memory-wipe
On my branch for #12354 I've tried two scenarios:
- starting the Unsafe Browser then clicking the shutdown button (in the GNOME Shell top-right menu)
- starting the Unsafe Browser then unplugging the boot device
In both cases the machine shuts down within a few seconds, and I had no time to see any scary failure message.
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
I temporarily altered all the
emergency_shutdown.feature scenarios to start the Unsafe Browser, and I saw nothing strange.
See #12354 for the review (no blockers found). Please close when you merge!