This project is closed and read-only.
Backupninja allows you to coordinate system backup by dropping a few simple configuration files into
/etc/backup.d/. Most programs you might use for making backups don't have their own configuration file format. Backupninja provides a centralized way to configure and schedule many different backup utilities. It allows for secure, remote, incremental filesytem backup (via rdiff-backup), compressed incremental data, backup system and hardware info, encrypted remote backups (via duplicity), safe backup of MySQL/PostgreSQL databases, subversion or trac repositories, burn CD/DVDs or create ISOs, incremental rsync with hardlinking.
- Easy to read ini style configuration files.
- You can drop in scripts to handle new types of backups.
- Backup actions can be scheduled.
- You can choose when status report emails are mailed to you (always, on warning, on error, never).
- Console-based wizard (ninjahelper) makes it easy to create backup action configuration files.
- Passwords are never sent via the command line to helper programs.
- In order to backup a db or sql database, you cannot simply copy database files. backupninja helps you safely export the data to a format which you can backup.
- Works with Linux-Vservers.
Supported Backup Actions¶
- Databases: .mysql, .pgsql, .ldap
- Source Control: .svn, .trac
- Remote backup: .rsync, .rdiff, .dup, .wget
- Other: .sys, .makecd, .sh, .maildir, .tar
- Download tarball
- View the ChangeLog
- To install on Debian:
apt-get install backupninja
- Get the source:
git clone https://labs.riseup.net/code/backupninja.git
- License: GPL