B A C K U P N I N J A¶
Backupninja allows you to coordinate system backup by dropping a few simple configuration files into /etc/backup.d/. Most programs you
might use for making backups don't have their own configuration file format. Backupninja provides a centralized way to configure
and schedule many different backup utilities.
For debian specific bug reports, see the debian bug report page for backupninja.
- easy to read ini style configuration files.
- you can drop in scripts to handle new types of backups.
- backup actions can be scheduled
- you can choose when status report emails are mailed to you
(always, on warning, on error, never).
- console-based wizard (ninjahelper) makes it easy to create
backup action configuration files.
- passwords are never sent via the command line to helper programs.
- in order to backup a db or sql database, you cannot simply copy database files. backupninja helps you safely export the data to a format which you can backup.
- works with Linux-Vservers.
- secure, remote, incremental filesytem backup (via RdiffBackup).
incremental data is compressed. permissions are retained even
with an unpriviledged backup user.
- basic system and hardware info.
- encrypted remote backups (via duplicity).
- safe backup of MySQL databases.
- safe backup of PostgreSQL databases.
- safe backup of OpenLDAP databases.
- safe backup of subversion or trac repositories.
- burn CD/DVDs or create ISOs with makecd.
- incremental rsync with hardlinking.